Eating In or Eating Out
The Dairy at Daviot Café team can provide cottage guests with ‘take-home’ dishes to enjoy in the comfort of their cottage - perfect if you want a break from cooking and washing up!
Further afield in Inverness and the surrounding areas, there is a great variety of venues offering a fantastic choice of food. The dining experience ranges from some intimate cafes to atmospheric country pubs and chic restaurants with stylishly prepared food.
Our recommendations would be;
- Named a Rising Star in the latest edition of the Michelin Guide, Abstract provides an excellent French inspired A La Carte menu, a 7 course tasting menu and a unique dining experience at the Chef’s Table within the kitchen.
- Popular with the locals, the menu at this city centre restaurant is eclectic and spans most continents.
- The Brasserie has superb views over the River Ness and during the summer months you can dine alfresco for lunch or dinner.
- A friendly family run restaurant open daily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- An organic cafe, located in the picturesque Old Town, a stone’s throw from the banks of the river Ness, offers a simple, delicious, and nutritious alternative to run-of-the-mill café food.
– A consistently good place to eat in the city centre. Its fine dining and laid back ambience makes it arguably the best restaurant of its type.
– A luxury 5 star boutique hotel with upmarket restaurant owned by French chef, Albert Roux offering Scottish ingredients with a French twist.
The Old Town Deli – A delicatessen, coffee house and wine merchant in one! Serves great coffee and fresh home-made soup, great cheeses, fine hams, salamis, locally baked fresh bread etc.
– Recently refurbished and located on the shores of Loch Ness, The Dores Inn serves great food, wine and ales in a warm and relaxing atmosphere. (Dores, Loch Ness).
The Cawdor Tavern
- A traditional country pub serving excellent quality fresh local foods either in an informal lounge setting or the restaurant. (Cawdor, Nairn)
- A friendly and relaxed café by day and intimate dining room by night with home-made meals to order from locally sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients prepared simply and reflecting the character of the estate on which it is located. (Aviemore)
Muckrach Country House Hotel
- Why not visit the Coffee Shop or Restaurant at The Muckrach. From delicious salads and gourmet sandwiches in the coffee shop to a unique menu created by Head Chef Rayner Muller in the restaurant. Or why not treat yourself to a delicious afternoon tea (by reservation).